Wow! It’s been a while since I posted a Thankful Thursday post. I woke up this morning thinking about it, and decided today was a good day to be thankful. So, here goes:
I am especially thankful today for the excellent bloggers I’ve “met” in the blog-o-sphere. When I need a laugh, or some encouragement I know I can count on the fact that there are at least 50 posts waiting to be read in my bloglines (subscriptions) list. It’s like group therapy!
So, rather than list all my subscriptions in my thankful list, I thought I’d link to some really great posts I read this week.
Also, SEVERAL weeks ago (hanging head in shame for taking so long to acknowledge this kindness) my friend Deena awarded me the “Thinking Blogger” Award.
What an honor. I look around at all the blogs out there, and it baffles me that anyone can even find my site, much less find their way back. This award has been making the rounds for a while now, and I think I’ve seen it on many of the blogs I read. So, instead of awarding it to individual bloggers who haven’t received it yet, let me say that I’d award it to everyone on this thankful list, whether they’ve already been awarded with it or not.
So, here are the blogs I’m thankful for today!
1. I read this awesome post this week, and laughed while I ouched! It’s a good lesson from a beautiful little red-bird – my favorite bird in all creation.
2. One of my close blogging friends is The_Queen_Bea on xanga. She is a sweetie, deluxe! I always enjoy reading her site.
3. This one was good for a giggle on a day when I was really frustrated with life and all it’s demands. I hope it makes you smile, too!
4. Of course, I had to include my new buddy Deena in this list. She brightens my day with great comments, insightful posts, and even checks up on me when I’m experiencing ‘writer’s block’. Gotta love the girl! This story is an amazing one, and I can’t wait to see it published with adorable little illustrations and all!
5. Elise over at A Path Made Straight always inspires me. This post brought tears to my eyes.
6. Mamaglop is a kindred spirit! Her posts are full of wit and nostalgia. I loved her recent paper towel posts. You can read them here.
7. This blogger reminds me every month to take care of myself. I’m a member of Holy Mama’s Club 17, are you?
8. Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer is always good for a mid-day laugh break. But what I love about her blog lately is that she helps me keep track of all of the LOST mysteries! I thought of her last night while I was shouting at the television during the season finale. Here’s her take on last night’s show:
9. Now when I want a really huge, spit and sputter, tears in your eyes, roll-in-the-floor-and-moan-until-the-teenagers-realize-it’s-not-their-ipod-
noise music-they-are-hearing-but-the-sounds-of-someone-in-severe-agony-and-come-to-check-on-me laugh -- I go to BooMama. Her posts never fail to get me right where I need it! But this week it was a post that pricked my heart and brought a different kind of tears to my eyes.
10. Finally, I so enjoy reading Ree’s posts over at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. Her photos are amazing, and her stories are always good for a smile!
You can read more great Thankful Thursday Posts by clicking Iris' beautiful button at the top of this post and heading over to her site.
Deadlock Victim - Rerun the transaction. Another process claims the same resources. You have been chosen as the deadlock victim. It’s nothing personal. The optimized queuing ...
22 hours ago